Hours of Operation
Hours of Operation
Right now, our summer hours are Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. During the school year, our school is open Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 2:50pm.
Weather and/or Emergency Closings
All official announcements regarding school closings, late openings, early closings, or emergencies are made on local radio and TV stations. The School of the Cathedral follows Baltimore County Public School System for all weather-related delays or closings. The only exception is when the county schools close for heat-related issues, the School of the Cathedral will remain open since our school has air conditioning.
- If Cathedral opens 1 hour late, the building will open at 8:30 am, school will begin at 8:55 am.
- If Cathedral opens 2 hours late, the building will open at 9:30 am and school will begin at 9:55 a.m.
If the School of the Cathedral needs to announce an early closing, all after-school athletics, meetings, and clubs, including after-school care will be canceled:
- 1 hour early means that Cathedral will close at 1:50 p.m.
- 2 hours early means that Cathedral will close at 12:50 p.m.
- 3 hours early means that Cathedral will close at 11:50 a.m.
Parents are expected to arrive to pick up their children promptly or to have made prior arrangements with a relative, neighbor, or friend to do so. If there is concern about road conditions, a child may leave for the day after the parent reports to the Main Office. At all times, it is the parents’ decision to send children to school in adverse weather conditions.
Every effort will be made to communicate as thoroughly as possible with parents regarding early closing. An email and inclement weather text will both be sent out.
For safety reasons, we are occasionally asked to close our school when a large police/fire funeral or Archdiocesan special event is held in the Cathedral. We will notify parents of any such closings immediately.
- WBAL, ABC 2, Baltimore Sun, FOX45, and WJZ
- School of the Cathedral’s website homepage (there will be a large red bar across the top)
- SCMOQ Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Questions? Contact our Communications Coordinator, Isabella Marcelino, at firstname.lastname@example.org